- New Website
- Symposium Keynote
- Case Summary: Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians v. Patchak, 132 S. Ct. 2199 (2012).
- Case Summary: Southern Four Wheel Drive Ass’n v. U.S. Forest Serv., 2012 WL 4106427 (W.D.N.C. Sept. 19, 2012).
- Case Summary: Wolfsen Land & Cattle Company v. Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermen’s Associations, 695 F.3d 1310 (Fed. Cir. 2012).
- Case Summary: Earth Island Institute v. U.S. Forest Service, 697 F.3d 1010 (9th Cir. Sep. 20, 2012).
- Case Summary: Native Village of Kivalina v. ExxonMobil Corp., 696 F.3d 849 (9th Cir. 2012).
- Case Summary: Scott Timber Company v. United States, 692 F.3d 1365 (Fed. Cir. 2012).
- Case Summary: Montana Department of Natural Resources & Conservation v. Abbco Investments, LLC, 2012 MT 187, 366 Mont. 120, 285 P.3d 532.
- Case Summary: Native Village of Kivalina IRA Council v. United States Environmental Protection Agency, 687 F.3d 1216 (9th Cir. 2012).
Monthly Archives: September 2012
The United States Supreme Court decided to let stand a 10th Circuit decision that upheld the viability of the roadless rule. The state of Wyoming and the mining industry urged the Court to hear the case, along with eight other … Continue reading
The University of Montana School of Law’s Public Land & Resources Law Review and the American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources are pleased to announce the 35th Public Land Law Conference and 41st National Spring Conference on … Continue reading
Case Summary: Save the Peaks Coalition v. United States Forest Service, 683 F.3d 1140 (9th Cir. 2012).
By John Newman The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit imposed personal sanctions upon plaintiffs’ attorney for needlessly litigating an adjudicated NEPA claim and misrepresenting the merit of that claim to his clients. The court held that … Continue reading
By Jack Connors In Alliance for the Wild Rockies v. Salazar, the Ninth Circuit affirmed that Congress could remove a portion of the gray wolf population from the protections of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) even though litigation was pending on … Continue reading
Case Summary: Karuk Tribe of California v. United States Forest Service, 681 F.3d 1006 (9th Cir. 2012).
By Justin Harkins In Karuk Tribe v. USFS, the Ninth Circuit overturned its own panel’s prior ruling that the Forest Service was not required to consult with biological agencies pursuant to ESA standards when reviewing an NOI filed by a … Continue reading